Every Home Care Package, no matter which level requires an individual budget to be prepared. This budget should be prepared in consultation with you and reflect what is in the Care Plan.
An individualised budget for a Home Care Package must be prepared having regard to:
- Your goals, assessed needs and preferences;
- The funds which will made available for the Home Care Package
- The services selected by you and set out in the care plan.
- The case management costs associated with the delivery of the Home Care Package
- The administrative costs of the provider which covers a range of overhead or operational costs, such as insurance, workers compensation, care co-ordination and travel costs.
- The individualised budget for the Home Care Package should be amended whenever the care plan or costs change.
The individualised budget should clearly identify the total funds available to you, which is made up of:
- Government subsidy
- Any eligible supplements
- Basic daily fee, when applicable
- Income-tested care fee, when applicable
Providers must review and, if necessary, revise the individualised budget for you if:
- There is a change to the care and services to be provided
- The costs of providing the care and services change; and
- If you request them to do so.