We hope you find the information you need. However we know that every individual situation is unique. If you don’t see what you’re looking for please give us a call.
We’ve often wondered why other Provider’s fees are so high! We charge what we need to provide excellent customer service and care. We are able to maximise the amount of care services that you or your loved one can receive. We believe we have struck the right balance in fees and high quality.
My Home Care Package is being managed by another Provider but I’d like to change to Better Living. Can I do that?
Absolutely. A recent change in government regulation, called Consumer Directed Care, means the decision of which Provider is now 100% yours. We make switching Providers easy for you. Ask us how.
There’s a few things that set us apart from other providers:
- We offer our clients choice. Many Providers organise services and only use their staff to deliver them as they have financial incentive to do so. We do things differently. By working with a large network service providers we are able to source the best person, or people, for the job. We have a vested interest in our client’s wellbeing and nothing more.
- Our fees are transparent and easy to understand. There’s no hidden charges or extra fees that you need to worry about.
- We are highly responsive. When you call us we are here to listen and to assist you.
I’d like to switch to Better Living Homecare but I don’t want to change my Support Carer. Can I bring him or her with me?
In most cases, when you switch to Better Living Homecare the good news is that you can keep your Support Carer. Support workers are oftentimes contracted to a variety of Providers. Please ask us and we’ll let you know if it’s possible in your situation.
My Provider charges me an extra fee when I use services that their staff doesn’t provide! Do you charge for this?
Nope. Absolutely not and we never will. At Better Living Homecare you’re in control of which services you use.
We can start providing services the same week. It depends on your schedule and needs. Call us to discuss a timeframe personalised for you.
Your Home Care Package is meant to assist you to remain living independently and on your terms. Based on your goals, Better Living Homecare will set up a personalized Care Plan that will outline the services you receive. Generally our clients receive some of the following services.
- Care management and coordination of services.
- Personal care services which includes assisted dressing, bathing or showering and mobility.
- In-home support services such as help with cleaning, gardening, laundry and home maintenance.
- Transport and assistance service to get you to your appointments, shopping and to social engagements.
- Clinical services which can include nursing, allied health, hearing and vision.
A Referral Code is issued to individuals who have been assessed and assigned a Home Care Package. It’s used by Providers to identify you to My Aged Care and access care on your behalf.
When you become a client at Better Living Homecare you will have your own individual Care Manager. This person will ensure your services are suited to your needs and being delivered in a way that suits you.
It depends on you. We give our clients choice and access to the best options for them. We handpick service providers which may or may not be us. Our objective is to select the best for you. If by chance you choose to use your own service providers we do not charge a surcharge for doing so.
No and we wonder why any Provider would. If for whatever reason, at any time, you want to change to another Provider then you are free to do so. We are happy to report that we are yet to have a client move elsewhere.
What our clients say
I switched to Better Living Homecare and can’t say enough good things about them. It’s been such a different experience to what I had with my old provider. I pay less in fees and get more care now. They listen and I’m treated like a person. My only is I didn’t switch sooner!Kate FClient
As a mother, I always felt it should be me to care for Henry. However I have found it harder to do so as I’ve gotten older. I was recommended Better Living Homecare by a friend in a similar situation. I’m so happy I gave them a try. Henry is very happy and well cared for. I also now have time to take care of myself too.Amanda TMother of Client
After ringing around I was certain that this Provider had the best fees but honestly I was unsure if they were good. I thought that higher fees equaled better care. I was wrong. We have felt listened to and they have been a wonderful help to my mum.Dorothy GDaughter of client