As your Home Care Package Provider Better Living Homecare provide you with professional Case Management services.
Our experienced case managers are available to help explain to you how Home Care Packages work and to ensure that your Home Care Package is tailored to meet your individual requirements.
In the context of Home Care Packages, Case Management refers to the advisory and support services associated with the following –
- Initial assessment of the consumer
- Identification of the consumer’s goals
- Development of Home Care Agreement
- Preparation of Care Plan and individualized budget
- Coordination and referrals of services
- Ongoing monitoring and informal reviews of the consumer
- Mid-year reviews of consumers’ needs
- Annual re-assessment of consumers’ needs with preparation of new care plans and individualized budget
- Assist with referrals to Aged Care Assessment Teams in the event that a consumer needs to move to a higher level package
- Researching day activities/ respite / carer supports resource options
- Facilitate with service providers, therapist, medical practitioners, and providers of equipment and plan modifications.
- Booking of specialists e.g. Physiotherapy/ Occupational Therapy/ Podiatry
- Research specialist client requirements
In light of the Consumer Directed Care principle, Better Living Homecare enables Home Care Package consumers or their family members if they choose to play an active role in the management of the package.
Accordingly, there are 3 levels of case management which Better Living Homecare offers –
- Fully supported – this is where Better Living Homecare provides all of the above services
- Partnership – this is where the consumer or their family will undertake the coordination and referral of services
- Self-managed – this is where Better Living Homecare will only undertake ongoing monitoring, reviews and re-assessments.
For flexible and responsive Case Management or Care Co-ordination , Call us today on 1300 30 73 44