Dementia Care ServicesIn Home Care services to assist those living with dementia and their families. Let us help you develop a dementia friendly environment for your loved one.
A Dementia diagnosis is a life changing event for a person as well as their friends and family. Dementia can affect all aspects of a person's life, but it does not mean you have they have to stop doing the things they love or living in the home they know. Better Living Homecare have advice and support programs available to assist people living and coping with Dementia.
The symptoms of Dementia commonly worsen over time. Factors determining the progression of the Dementia depend on the type of diagnosis and the general health of the person. It is important that people who have been recently diagnosed or who are already living with Dementia do not stop doing what they enjoy. It is therefore vital that the primary carers responsible for the person have a good knowledge of the disease and its progression. Equally, family carers need to ensure they do not get burnt out and are able to take time for themselves.
Better Living Homecare has the knowledge and experience to support people living with Dementia and their family members. We work hard to match and utilise the outstanding skills our staff possess with the people who need them.
Better Living Homecare’s dementia care services can include:
- Personal care-bathing, dressing, grooming, continence management and assistance with transfer aids and mobility.
- Respite- a chance for carers/family members to take a break for an hour, extended periods or overnight.
- Live in care- either 24-hour or sleepover services.
- Meal preparation- assistance with preparing meals, nutrition and hydration.
- Companionship- a friendly face and someone to talk to.
- Outings- support and transport to attend social outings or appointments.
- Nursing care- medication management, pain management, diabetes monitoring, peg tube management and wound management.
- Domestic assistance- shopping, laundry and light housework.