Home Care Package Provider
Aged care service provider Better Living Homecare are accredited by the Federal Government to assist with your Home Care Package.
Home Care Packages are funded by the Australian Federal Government that allows people to receive services to assist them to remain living safety and independently at home for as long as possible. These are commonly referred to as Home Care Packages or HCP.
Home Care Package providers need to be accredited by the Federal Government and undergo audits and adhere to legislation contained in the Aged Care Act 1997. Better Living Homecare has met the legislative requirements and is a registered provider of Home Care Packages. Better Living Homecare undertakes an assessment of your care requirements and then works with you and relevant others to develop a care plan. Better Living Homecare has been successfully looking after the aged for 30 years.
All Better Living Home Care Packages are offered under a Consumer Directed Care (CDC) approach. We believe this approach results in increased independence and empowerment which in turn leads to a better quality of life for package recipients and their carers.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages:
• LEVEL 1 HOME CARE PACKAGE is offered to support individuals who may need just a little extra help. Examples of services provided may include personal care, household or domestic assistance, social support, meals or shopping, or support with rehabilitation.
• LEVEL 2 HOME CARE PACKAGE is designed to support individuals who have moderate care needs. Examples of services provided may include the loan of basic equipment along with the services such as domestic assistance, personal care, social support, meals, shopping or rehabilitation.
• LEVEL 3 HOME CARE PACKAGE is offered to support individuals who have higher level needs. Examples of services provided may include a higher amount of need for personal care, household assistance, meals and medications, nursing or allied health input, support with memory or behaviour changes, or assistance with aids and appliances.
• LEVEL 4 HOME CARE PACKAGES is provided to support individuals with complex health care needs. Examples of services provided may include Nursing Care and the loan of aids and equipment in addition to all other support services.
Home Care Package providers are permitted to charge the Home Care Package a fee which relates to case management fees and administration fees.
In light of the Consumer Directed Care principle, Better Living Homecare enables Home Care Package consumers or their family members if they choose to play an active role in the management of the package.
Accordingly, there are 3 levels of case management which Better Living Homecare offers
Fully supported – this is where Better Living Homecare provides all of the above services.
Partnership – this is where the consumer or their family will undertake the coordination and referral of services.
Self-managed – this is where Better Living Homecare will only undertake ongoing monitoring, reviews and re-assessments.
If you require further information about Home Care Packages you can go to the My Aged Care website or alternatively speak to one of our experienced staff at Better Living Homecare on 1300 30 73 44.
Please find below some useful blogs relating to Home Care Packages –
- What is a Home Care Package?
- Eligibility and Assessment for Home Care Packages
- How do you access a Home Care Package?
- What does a Home Care Package cost?
- What is a Home Care Package Care Agreement?
- What is a Home Care Package Care Plan?
- What is a Home Care Package Monthly Statement?
- What is an Individual Budget for Home Care Packages?
- Home Care Package and other Government funded programs
- Home Care Package Leave Provisions
- Definition of Consumer Directed Care Home Care Packages
- How is CDC different from Traditional Home Care Packages?
- What services are available with a Home Care Package?